Post Top Ad

Advertise Here

Post Top Ad

Join our whatsapp group

Thursday, 22 February 2018


A former staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company BEDC, in Agbor, Delta State, who was dismissed in 2009, was, on Tuesday, has met an untimely end after being electrocuted in Agbor.

According to the reports, the deceased, identified as Monday Ebor, was illegally working on high tension lines when electricity was restored.
Eboh who was wanted by BEDC for his illegal activities which destroyed many transformers, was said to be illegally diverting lines from one feeder to another when power was restored.
A staff of an electricity distribution company has passed away in the life of duty under circumstances that remain sketchy. Locals in Alagbaka, Ondo State wailed as they witnessed the demise of a worker of one of the DISCOs who was fixing a fault before he was electrocuted.
“It’s a sad noon in the Alagbaka area of Ondo State as a PHCN official got electrocuted,” a eye witness said.
It has also been reported in the past that an official of Benin Electricity Distribution Company, BEDC, who has been identified as Kola, was electrocuted to death as he tried to connect wires from an electric pole to a new building, at the Government Reserve Area, GRA, located at Itanla along the Ondo/Akure highway, Ondo State.
The motorcycle of the electrocuted electricity company official, who was reportedly in
charge of the area on behalf of BEDC, was seen packed under a mango tree as officials from the BEDC later arrived the scene to remove his body from the pole.
Confirming the report, Manager of the Ondo Business District of BEDC, Chris Enuamaka, disclosed that Kola was on an illegal duty at the time of the electrocution.
Another unidentified staff of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), was electrocuted when he tried to undertake the illegal reconnection of power for a client without using protective gloves.
The unfortunate incident which many resident of Asaba, the capital of Delta State, describe as retributive justice, according to Gistmania, happened when the PHCN worker was on the electric pole trying to join wires together.
At the time, there was no power but suddenly, electricity was restored and the poor guy was electrocuted on the spot.
His shouts for help brought out the residents but he had already died before help could come his way.

No comments:

Read Comment Policy ▼
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Khorgist ?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2348123601750, Social Media @khorgist_com: Email: More information here.